What Are the Three Parts of Literature Review? How Can You Write It?
A literature review is used to educate oneself about the topic and help them understand the literature before making any arguments and justification. It is an important chapter of the thesis. The purpose of the review writing is to provide the background to the research undertaken. It also gives justification to the topic area. During the final semester, students assign a dissertation or thesis. Thesis writing is a compulsory part of any degree program. A literature review is a crucial part of dissertation writing.
A literature review helps students back their research by extracting the main points, issues, and findings. While writing a thesis you have to build coherent arguments which help you to lead to the description of the proposed study. A literature review is used to analyze and summarize its body. You can present the comprehensive background of the literature to highlight the new research streams and identify the gaps. The literature review consists of three parts. Let us explain the three important parts of literature review writing.
Parts of The Literature Review
The structure of the literature review is the same as any other kind of academic writing. It starts with the introduction, then comes the main body, and it ends with the conclusion.
The introduction is the first and essential part of any kind of writing. Its purpose is to introduce the topic to the reader. However, a good introduction is the one that grabs the reader’s attention by telling a story, providing statistics, and an interesting quote. The introduction section in the literature writing is used to engage the reader with the topic. Be interesting and include something that entices the reader to read the entire paper.
The introduction of any literature review should include the following.
- Define your topic and give the appropriate context for reviewing the literature.
- Why is the topic important, and why are you writing the literature?
- Establish your arguments or point of views
- Explain the scope of the review. That means what aspects of the topic should be included and what should be not.
Main Body of the Literature Review
In each paragraph of the main body, you need to synthesize the information. Each paragraph should use a different theme that is relevant to your topic. Synthesize literature’s reading in each paragraph to make a clear connection between the various sources. For that, you need to find different sources and analyze how they contributed to the idea or theme you are researching. Not only this, but each paragraph should provide the topic sentence that tells the reader what this paragraph is about. Also, include the supporting sentences that discuss the idea in the topic sentence and end each paragraph with the concluding sentence that emphasizes the importance of the supporting sentence.
Body paragraph includes the following:
- Historical background
- Previous studies on the topic
- Arguments with the supporting evidence
Conclusion in review writing is as important as the introductory section. In this section, you have to summarize your arguments. It’s the last section in which you have to restate all the points you have already discussed in the introduction and main body. Don’t use the same language that you have used in the first two sections. Without a doubt, the introduction and conclusion should not be similar. Try to explain the significance of your arguments by giving your reader a sense of why your arguments matter.
The conclusion includes the following:
- The summary of the main arguments and disagreements.
- Evaluation of the current state of literature reviewed.
- Identify any gaps or areas that need further research.
- Your overall perspective of the subject or topic.
- Linkage of your research with the existing knowledge.
How to Write a Literature Review?
This guide is about how you can write a literature review. Many students struggle while composing such lengthy thesis or dissertation. Some may look for literature review help services to get their work done. Are you stuck and don’t know how to write a literature review? Need help in writing an excellent review? Follow the below-mentioned guidelines and learn how to write a literature review.
Determine Your Purpose
It’s an initial and essential step in the review writing journey. You have to determine the purpose of the research. Ask yourself: Why are you researching? What do you have to do in your literature review writing?
Hunt Down the Relevant Literature
After you determine the purpose of the literature, you have to find the relevant literature that matches your topic and answer all your research questions. Select the appropriate existing sources to find the relevant literature. Although, variety of authoritative sources are available such as scholarly sources and academic resources. Use these sources to get the information. You can even use books, journal articles, government documents, reports, and web resources for extensive research. In addition, the number of resources depends on the type of research you are conducting. If you want to save you time, note down the details of the sources, such as the author’s name, page number, publication title, date, and publisher.
Read the Literature Carefully
- While researching resources, carefully read the information and look for those sources that consist of arguments rather than facts.
- Extract the relevant information that backs your research.
- Also, note down the important and needed information and make it organized as per your theme or idea.
Analyze and Evaluate the Literature
If you want to write an effective review, critically analyze and evaluate the sources that you have found. Ask yourself the following questions before reviewing each source.
- Is this article relevant to my topic area?
- Are there any major patterns, relationships, and trends?
- Is this source credible and authoritative?
- Are the arguments structured?
- Is there any gap in the literature that requires further study?
Review Your Literature
- Read the topic sentences of each paragraph and evaluate that you presented a clear position or the statements are logically correct. Remember the topic sentence of each paragraph should include the main points of your literature.
- Review your work and see whether you need any additional information or to delete any irrelevant information. Make the adjustments accordingly.
- Proofread your paper before you submit it. Take a short break before proofreading. Refresh your mind, and then start proofreading. Make sure to remove grammatical errors, punctuation errors, spelling mistakes, and sentence structure mistakes.
- Use the proper referencing and styling. Compose a good structure, well-formatted, and well-referenced paper. If you are not sure which referencing style you should use, ask your instructor or supervisor.
Seek the Literature Review Help Online
Many students get stressed when they get such a lengthy project. It requires a lot of effort, time, and resources to compete for the research and to submit the thesis. However, it is one of the challenging projects that students get in their academic career. Some students don’t have analytical skills, some don’t have research skills, and some don’t have time to complete their projects, so they look for literature review help services. Literature review writing is complex and demands analytical skills to extract the needed information. Are you the one who is under the pressure of how to write a literature review? Need the assistance of literature review help services?
Many online academic writing service providers offer excellent quality writing services to students. Online professional researchers and scholarly writers with a proven track record of writing on many topics will write your literature review. They know how important it is for you to achieve good marks in exams, and your grades in the thesis directly impact your future employability and professional career. Thus, seek the literature review help from qualified researchers and adept writers and impress your professors.
Why Choose Literature Review Help Services?
Many benefits are associated with getting literature review help from profoundly qualified writers.
- Seek the literature review help online and get the well-researched content.
- If you acquire help from experts, you will get well analysed and properly-referenced papers.
- Online literature review help services offer easy and convenient payment methods, and your information will be kept confidential.
- Homework help websites take the burden of your work and deliver your work on time at affordable prices.
- Also, you will get your work under the supervision of professional writers who know how to write literature reviews effectively.
A literature review identifies the relevant writing material within a particular field of research. Literature reviews provided the summary, description, and evaluation of each source. The review consists of three major components. The introduction is the first part, then comes the main body and conclusion.
Literature review writing is difficult. Many students fail to write compelling literature. They need someone who can help them in writing their review task. If you don’t know how to write it perfectly, follow the above-mentioned points and write it by yourself. In case! You are not confident in writing yourself, seek literature review help from any literature review services. The skilled writers deliver the well-researched and high-quality paper that impresses your professor.
Kevin Fester holds a PhD in English Literature, MBA in business and also MA Education. He has dedicated his life to academia and has written many articles for the Economist and various broadsheets. He has been working in writing industry since 2013 and has a proven track record of writing for a variety of industries. Kevin is known for his plagiarism-free, unique and exclusive papers within a set deadline.